Wednesday, March 25, 2009

what a surprise!

last week wednesday i celebrated by 33rd birthday. dave and the kids planned out the entire afternoon and evening and we had such a blast!
the kids thought that since i LOVE coffee that it would be great to take me to get a cup of joe - they were so excited. i knew they had something up their sleeves. that and the fact that dave couldn't sit still for a minute. after i got my cup of coffee the kid working behind the counter handed me a birthday card. it was from dave and the kids and it had a sticker inside with the numbers on it. dave then proceeded to hand me my present..... it was a bike seat.......

we went outside the coffee shop and there chained to the tree was my new GREEN bike! the numbers inside the card were for the lock (very clever). the kids chased after me as we rode around downtown grand haven. we had a riot and laughed so hard!!! then.....

we went to K2 (upstairs to kirby) for dinner. the five of us sat around our table and began to order when all of a sudden friends started arriving one, two, three at a time. i wish i had more pics of the evening but, i was too surprised to remember to take pictures! needless to say it was such a fun evening and i LOVE my new bike!!! after we got home (about 11pm - on a school night) we had the kids put on their helmets and we took a quick bike ride up and down our street - it was awesome!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Happy birthday, Misty! Glad you had such a fun, surprise-filled day!

And I hope Mom and Dad have helmets, too . . .