Sunday, October 21, 2007

passing on tradition

tortillas are a loved food in our house. especially homemade ones by my mom. this last week grommie introduced the art of tortilla making to lilly. watching the tradition of making tortillas being passed on to my daughter brought back so many memories of me and my mom working in the kitchen together. lilly had a blast rolling out her very first tortilla. and mom and i had a blast watching her excitement and reminiscing about the fun we have had through the years in our kitchens. once all the cooking was done - we enjoyed good old mexican food, grommie style!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alicia said...

I don't know what it is about homemade tortillas but I feel like they have this magic. Such a simple recipe and concept and yet such a great memory and experience. I still remember the first time I made tortillas with my grandma. I know it's something that Lily will always treasure. Looks like you guys had fun!

Melissa said...

ohhhh, who wants the recipe? i do! i do!