Thursday, October 04, 2007

n.y.c


for our 8th anniversary dave and i went on a little vacation to the "big apple". if you can believe it, it was our first vacation (only the two of us) since our honeymoon! we had a blast. i really wish i was wearing a pedometer - because we walked everywhere. i'm sure in the course of the four days we were there we walked around 40 miles. here is a quick list of some of the things we did....
1. walk to times square several times
2. saw two broadway shows on the same day (hairspray & mary poppins)
3. went to a taping of the today show where barry manilow was performing (note photo of me with al roker.)
4. took a ferry and saw the brooklyn bridge, statue of liberty, and elis island.
5. walked through central park
6. visited the world trade center memorial
7. rode the subway
8. went to little italy
9. went to the village
10. went to soho (which i found out stands for south of houston)
11. ate out for every meal (blue fin was my favorite)
12. went shopping
13. visited other covenant church planting friends in harlem. jose & mayra.

i'm sure we did more, but this is all i can think of at this moment. needless to say we filled every minute and loved just being together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great hanging you yall. Glad you had a great time at the Big Apple.

alicia said...

Hey I don't know if you know this about me but I'm from NJ so I lived about 45 minutes away from NYC so all the things you did there I've done. I'm a little jealous you were there...I miss it a lot.

PS... you're really cool, can we be friends?

Melissa said...

oh, so jealous. i miss living in new york so much. love that you got to see jose & mayra, love that you got to walk the city streets and go to blue fin and do it all with your husband. i have yet to take steven on a romantic whirlwind tour of new york and can't wait for the day it happens. and for the record, taking the ferry and sitting back with a croissant and a cup of coffee while watching the skyline spread out in front of me is absolutely one of my favorite things to do in the whole world. happy anniversary!