Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 162 - family

today the kids and i drove into grand rapids to celebrate with my family and my cousin morgan.  it's hard to believe but my little cousin has graduated from high school.  i couldn't help but remember that the year she was born was the same year i graduated from high school - YIKES!  she is a beautiful young women (yes, i just said "young women" - i am so getting old).  she has the most contagious smile and i can't wait to see what happens next - congrats morgan!!

the other fun part about family get-togethers is my family.  i have to say, i think my family is about the funniest group of people i know.  and i ADORE being one of them.  we love to laugh, poke fun, tell funny stories, laugh, hug, be serious, and LAUGH!  it was a huge surprise to walk into the backyard and see my uncle bernard (my grandpa's youngest brother) and his wife shirley at the party - i almost cried.  i forget how much i miss my grandpa harry and seeing his brother's smile reminded me of how much i love and miss him.

No comments: