Tuesday, February 07, 2012

day 38 - long day

everyone has those days that start early and end late.  today just felt exceptionally long and i felt exceptionally inadequate at every level.  on my drive home from work (next to tears) my hubby reminded me that i wasn't letting him or the kids down and reminded me i was doing the best i could.  isn't it amazing how sometimes just hearing those simple words, "you're doing a good job and you're not alone" is all you need to hear.  i hate the idea that i may be giving off the impression that i have "it" all together or all my ducks in a row when the reality is i feel like i am falling apart and can't get/do anything right.  no, i'm not having a pity party for myself or looking for accolades, just sharing the truth.  HA! maybe i should wait and share this with my therapist as opposed to putting this out there for everyone else :)  oh well - welcome to my blog :) 
i love that dave knows just the way to make my heart melt and feel better.  he sent me this video to let me know he was there to take care of me and that i didn't always need to be the one to take care of everyone.  gotta love being a team player!!

in other "funny" diller family news.  i have heard several funny stories about what is in store for our family including:  dave taking a job in chicago at a mega church - dave starting a new church - dave taking on a new job as a professor....and to take the cake, dave being the new chaplain for the new york giants (he even got a call from the muskegon chronicle asking for an interview) -- too funny!!! the truth is - we have NO idea what God has in store for us next.  we love where we are, have no intentions of moving, love our church family and have absolutely no idea what tomorrow brings and are abundantly thankful for all we have today.

1 comment:

Deana said...

I think you ROCK!!! You appeared to have it all together Tues. night.. ;)
You do have a great family!