Sunday, February 12, 2012

day 43 - sick and still smiling

i knew by late yesterday afternoon that lilly was definitely coming down with something.  the cough that sounded more like a bark and her overall demeanor was so un-lilly-like, i began preparing myself for a long night and upcoming day.  thankfully, she slept through the whole night (thank goodness for cough medicine). 

i spent the majority of the day with her in my arms cuddled watching movies - at one point she even fell sound asleep.  having her balled up on my lap snuggled in tight with her blanket, pillow pet and sucking on her fingers i was reminded of a time not that long ago when she was a baby swaddled in my arms. 
time goes by so fast and although i never wish for any of my kids to be sick, i did find myself treasuring my day holding my sweet little girl. 

1 comment:

grom mom said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, Sorry to hear this. I hope she's doing much better today. Please tell her I love her and am thinking of her.