Monday, February 27, 2012

day 58 - crying in the shower

i can find myself tearing up while watching extreme home makeover or a hokey hallmark commercial.  i may shed a tear or two at a good movie, like beaches.  however, i don't really cry all that often.  real crying gives me a headache, my nose run and makes me feel helpless, insecure and out of control.  who wants to feel that way?  in that space where your emotions cause you physical pain and you begin to lose your grip on reality it can be a bit scary.
tonight i found myself really crying.  the safest place to release those emotions seemed to be in the shower for me tonight.  no, there is nothing wrong in our family.  nobody is hurt or sick.  i just found myself in unfamiliar territory this evening where i was caught off guard and the proverbial rug was pulled out from under me.  however, seeking wisdom and discernment in your response is weirdly empowering (once you've got yourself up off the floor and out of the shower).

1 comment:

Val said...

I'm a shower cryer too....it's very therapeutic