Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 204 - saying yes to the impractical

i walked into the kitchen after work today to find all three kids in the middle of baking.  they were each baking their very own birthday dessert in preparation for dave's birthday tomorrow.  caleb found a recipe for homemade brownies and was in the middle of measuring and mixing.  lilly was filling cupcake liners with batter and luke was mixing up a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  i love our mimi.  i love that when the kids ask if they can do something she almost always figures out a way to make it happen.  i couldn't help but think about how impractical and unnecessary it was for the kids to be making three desserts and how if they had asked me i'm certain my answer would have been "no, one is enough".  i LOVE that her answer was yes!  i love that i have her as a role model and i strive to be more like her and say "yes" to the impractical things.  because how often do we find joy, life and love in the impractical.

1 comment:

Val Watt (curran) said...

Misty, I love this...made me tear up a little. Not sure if you know this, but my Mom is a MiMi to Aliya and Sophia. We didn't intend her to be, but that is what happened. So whenever I read your MiMi posts, I can't help but put my mom and daughter in there and it helps me learn too....want to paint just after a bath right before bed....sure!