Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 206 - fancy feet

after a week and a half of having our mimi here we finally had to say good-bye.  papa came into town late last night and they headed back to naperville this afternoon.  thank you mimi for all you do for us - we love you!!

in my effort to live up to my desire to say "yes" to impractical things.... i took lilly with me for a mani/pedi.  lilly has been asking/talking about a "french manicure" for weeks.  she has asked how it is done?, why is it called french?, and "will you take me to get one?" no less than 100 times over the last several weeks.  my head kept saying, "no" it's impractical - it will chip 3 minutes after it's done, it's a waste of money, she is too young, etc. 

well, i took her this afternoon and not only did she and i both have a blast.  we talked - we laughed - we spent an uninterrupted 2 hours together sitting side by side.  are you kidding me - who cares if it chips in 3 minutes, i would have paid double to have that kind of one on one and meaningful time with my little girl and no girl is ever too young to learn about pampering :)  

No comments: