Friday, October 26, 2012

day 297 - caught up in the moment

i got to work today.  not on anything in particular - just started painting......
the next thing i knew painting on a piece of paper wasn't enough - i wanted to go bigger.  i did a quick scan of our craft room and saw a 2'x4' piece of 1/4" thick hardwood resting against the wall.  i grabbed it, propped it up on a chair and started using my hands, brushes, sponges to apply paint.  as i continued i didn't care that paint was dripping on the floor, all over me, my shoes and pants.....
i began the painting with nothing specific in mind and as i watched the colors fall on the board it began to take shape in my mind and i moved the paints on the board in different directions - adding more colors at whim.
by the time it was all finished i realized i ruined our floor, my toms and a pair of jeans - WHOOPS!!  i can't say i love the piece i painted, but i love that it was painted.

No comments: