Thursday, February 11, 2010

favorites?

i am a week behind on private practice (this will be a spoiler, if you haven't seen it yet...) and got to watch last weeks show this afternoon. so, the topic of favorite child came up when a family was faced with a decision to save one of their twin daughters with their newborn sons cord blood. the father at one points says (my version, of course) that "parents don't want to admit that they have a favorite, by they do...i love nikki but save kelly". well, it got me thinking. not so much about what kid i loved more, because i love all my kids. but it made me start thinking about how i relate to each of them differently, one maybe more easily than another. however, my love for each of them is so deep i don't know that i have words to describe it.

No comments: