Friday, February 12, 2010

opening ceremonies

we are watching the opening ceremonies right now. although it is WAY past the kids bed times i am so happy to be sharing this with them. caleb is really excited to watch the games and you can almost hear his own dreams finding life as his excitement continues to escalate for the upcoming games. i can't remember the first time i watched the olympics but i do remember sitting in awe of the athletes and i loved hearing their stories. some things never change. do you have a favorite olympic story?

2 comments:

sarah said...

the athletes make it look so easy sometimes! for the 84 olympics, i would watch mary lou retton and then go in my front yard wearing a bathing suit as my leotard and do cartwheels, somersaults and dramatic arm raises. i thought i was pretty awesome, i bet the neighbors were inside cracking up!

The Rummelhoffs said...

Of course you know that I LOVE the Olympics. I've been glued to the coverage every night. I have my alarm clock set with the Olympics theme song. The sound of that song makes me so happy.