Sunday, February 14, 2010

good intentions

some times i feel like my life revolves around good intentions. take these valentines day cookies for example. my intention was to bake valentines day cookies and decorate them with my kids and have a festive time last night. when time got away from us, we told the kids we would do it today actually on valentines day. and then today came and after church i needed a nap and before i knew it, it was time for the kids to go to bed and the cookies still sat undecorated on their cooling rack. also note that i had made the frosting and pulled out everything to decorate the cookies, all we needed to do was sit down and actually "do" it. similarly the kids valentines cards, that were purchased with the intent of giving one to each of them, sit inside their meijer bag awaiting the 30 seconds it would have taken to make a good intention a reality. i am good at coming up with good ideas, i am even good at implementing them, but i suck and following through. i hate this about myself. fortunately, i know i am loved in spite of my good intentions by both my husband and my kids. hopefully the cookies will still be good tomorrow!!

No comments: