Saturday, February 06, 2010

sharing a bit from my past...

we had a family packed day of fun today beginning and ending with great food! dave and lilly opened up the "diller diner" for breakfast this morning and made blueberry waffles - yum! we then proceeded to head to grand rapids to watch avatar in 3D at the imax. we thought that an hour early would get us there in plenty of time to get tickets - but the show was already sold out. so, we ended up just seeing it in 3D. we all really enjoyed it - caleb and luke "loved it". afterwards we headed to east town for chili dogs and one of my old stompping grounds; yesterdog! it was awesome!! it brought back so many memories walking into the joint and realizing nothing has changed - i swear the same kid behind the counter is the same one that served me back in highschool. caleb L-O-V-E-D his cheddardog, luke was not as impressed, which began an evening debate about who made a better chili dog, portillos or yesterdog. don't get me wrong i love portillos - but when it comes to chili dogs yesterdog has my vote!

exact quote from luke as i was taking his picture, "i get they are going for an old look, but i don't like the 'dirty' look". he cracks me up!

yum, yum, yum!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness we were just there Friday night, I get the whole 'dirty'... still gut renchingly good dogs.